- We just love going to "school-school" everyday. Her teacher told us the other day that she hasn't been eating lunch with Izzy much since the new teacher arrived, but she was eating with the "big kids" that day (16 mo. olds + Izzy) and Izzy sat down at her chair, ate her food with a spoon, drank from an open cup, and when she was finished she put all of her stuff on her plate and then got up and put it in the basket. What?? At 14 months. I had to ask, is that normal? She said yes on the Montessori developmental continuum it is. So impressed!
- Paul and I arrived at school today and the way her class is I walk in one door where Izzy is and Paul walks through the other to punch in her code and then comes over. When I swing the door open and look up, I see a child standing on top of the table, and when I look a little closer it is my monkey standing on the table. So I call Paul over and we just gasp! She was so happy with herself. Her teacher shared that she is practicing with Izzy the two words, "Get down!"
This blog is a story of two parents, both special educaton teachers, trying to raise a first grader and a precocious preschooler. We love to travel, cook, tend to our "backyard farm", and spend time with each other.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Izzy at School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment