I am reading a great new book called Young at Art (I have more to say about this book, but I am not finished with it yet) which has inspired me to create an art area in our home. So I enlisted Paul's help and we bought Izzy a new art table from Ikea and he is staining the new benches that go with it. She has storage underneath for supplies and a lazy susan to spin her materials that she uses more often. I am super excited, but learning quickly what should be out all the time and what shouldn't be out for "free time". I am also learning how easily marker comes off of tile, but not so much legs, arms, hands, clothes, and grout.
This blog is a story of two parents, both special educaton teachers, trying to raise a first grader and a precocious preschooler. We love to travel, cook, tend to our "backyard farm", and spend time with each other.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Art for Toddlers
I am reading a great new book called Young at Art (I have more to say about this book, but I am not finished with it yet) which has inspired me to create an art area in our home. So I enlisted Paul's help and we bought Izzy a new art table from Ikea and he is staining the new benches that go with it. She has storage underneath for supplies and a lazy susan to spin her materials that she uses more often. I am super excited, but learning quickly what should be out all the time and what shouldn't be out for "free time". I am also learning how easily marker comes off of tile, but not so much legs, arms, hands, clothes, and grout.
Labels:
Art in the Montessori Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment