After seeing how much Izzy loved playing in the new, bright tubs at school (they have Moon Sand in theirs), I decided it is time to contain the rice. She loves playing with the rice, but it goes everywhere which is fine if she is having fun and learning. I can vacuum it up later. I found a $4 container at Wal-Mart and will be able to use it for beans, rice, water, etc. Now if only I can train her to keep her things in the bucket.
This blog is a story of two parents, both special educaton teachers, trying to raise a first grader and a precocious preschooler. We love to travel, cook, tend to our "backyard farm", and spend time with each other.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Containing the Rice
After seeing how much Izzy loved playing in the new, bright tubs at school (they have Moon Sand in theirs), I decided it is time to contain the rice. She loves playing with the rice, but it goes everywhere which is fine if she is having fun and learning. I can vacuum it up later. I found a $4 container at Wal-Mart and will be able to use it for beans, rice, water, etc. Now if only I can train her to keep her things in the bucket.
Labels:
Montessori at Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment