Saturday, April 18, 2009

Facinated by Ears

I have been watching Izzy's ears for awhile (about a week) thinking that the one looked exceptionally waxy. So I would use a Q-tip and get some gunk out but not check. Little did I know. While at the zoo the other day, we were at the lion exhibit and I glanced at her ear, and I saw the ear again. It looked like the whole ear was completely covered in wax. So I had Paul check. Guess what we found? A bead. We were able to get it out by breaking a ballpoint pen and using the inside to loosen it out (as we were at the zoo). I do not know how long she has had that it in there, but thankfully we were able to get it out. Some mothers collect their child's first cut of hair or teeth, I will collect the things she sticks in her ear.

(The dried garbanzo bean was the first thing she stuck in her ear).

No comments: