This blog is a story of two parents, both special educaton teachers, trying to raise a first grader and a precocious preschooler. We love to travel, cook, tend to our "backyard farm", and spend time with each other.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
"When will Jesus turn the lights back on?"
We had some lightning the other night and I wasn't sure if we would also get thunder as well. So I had Paul talk with Izzy about what we might hear and see after she got out from her bath. He proceeded to tell her that lightning was Jesus' way of turning on the lights to find what he is looking for. She was fascinated by this. She sat with Paul and I in the dark in our living room looking out through the big windows and kept saying, "Mommy will you tell me if you see Jesus turning on the lights?" Then she would proceed to ask Paul the same. Now everyday she asks us if Jesus will be turning on the lights again. So I ask, is there any lightning coming soon? My kid wants to see Jesus turning on and off the lights. Can you imagine the story Paul will be telling her for the booming thunder we get once or twice a year?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment