Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reesie's foot

Well after many months of watching her scoot on her bottom, I realized yesterday that something may be wrong with her left foot. It appears to be either not straightening, the foot, or that she is dragging that leg behind when she walks. Her right leg is strong and is able to point forward and go, but the left leg is behaving weird. So I immediately made a doctors appointment for Tuesday, we bought her Stride Rite tennis shoes today, and some fun walkers to practice her walking skills around the house. We can only hope that this is a temporary condition, that she will outgrow with strength. Immediately my special education teacher brain went to, "Okay, she might need a brace for her leg, some physical therapy, maybe an Individualed Family Service Plan (IFSP- like a baby IEP), Kaiser will be paying for this or I am getting an advocate, etc, etc.). So we are on a new journey with this child. As I was joking with my mom, I can only hope that this has a name that starts with an R to go along with RSV, Roseolla, and Rash.

No comments: