We are two days away from our baby starting preschool. I am starting to feel nervous for her. Will she have a good experience? Will she make friends? Will the kids like her? Will she be too silly? Will she learn? Will she like the food? Will her teacher like her? Will the curriculum be too challenging for her? Will she like homework? There are so many questions. School is an adventure. Paul and I have personally taken that adventure and see it every single year with our new classes. May her teacher love her and be patient with her. May the children in her class be kind to her as she needs to be kind back. And may she have fun. She is four. That is what I need to remember.
This blog is a story of two parents, both special educaton teachers, trying to raise a first grader and a precocious preschooler. We love to travel, cook, tend to our "backyard farm", and spend time with each other.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
2 Days Away
We are two days away from our baby starting preschool. I am starting to feel nervous for her. Will she have a good experience? Will she make friends? Will the kids like her? Will she be too silly? Will she learn? Will she like the food? Will her teacher like her? Will the curriculum be too challenging for her? Will she like homework? There are so many questions. School is an adventure. Paul and I have personally taken that adventure and see it every single year with our new classes. May her teacher love her and be patient with her. May the children in her class be kind to her as she needs to be kind back. And may she have fun. She is four. That is what I need to remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment