Monday, September 12, 2011

First Week of Preschool Homework

Yes, preschoolers do get homework. Our very first week of homework consisted of 3 sight words: it, the, and my including writing them 3x each, writing numbers 1-50, 4 addition problems to draw and solve, a reading log, and a rhyming worksheet. We learned quickly how "behind" (in the world of private school preschool) she was. Her classmates can pretty much count to 100, solve addition and subtraction problems, practically read, etc.So we are really coming behind her to support her which includes a lot of frustration on our part, but we will push her to succeed. I do have to say by the end of the week her formation of numbers was 100% times better and she had very little trouble solving her addition problems. Oh, and she is an EXCELLENT rhymer. Definitely a strength of her's before she started school. I mean, that kid could be a rapper. She can give me all kinds of words for any word I may ask. Tomorrow we start another week of homework. Our adventure continues. Now the big question will be, once Rees starts in January does she get homework? I am thinking counting lovies, sorting sippy cups, and arranging the balls from smallest to biggest and that is just the first night!

No comments: